The beginnings of the MSA Educational System were laid first in 1913 in a school, in the city of Ajmer for the poor street children and orphans. It was known as St. Imelda’s school. In 1919, the Rt. Rev. Henry Fortunatus Caumont our Founder, established the first Sophia School in Ajmer for the education of girls. He was the first Bishop of the Ajmer Diocese which covered then, practically the whole of RajputanaI the present Rajasthan), a sprawling desert-land of scattered population ruled by Rajput chiefs under British sovereignty.
The name he gave the School and the motto he framed are both significant of the educational idea he had in mind. ‘Sophia’ in Greek means WISDOM is summed up in opu the Eternal Word, the source of true Wisdom.. We as educationists are to give true Wisdom to the children in our schools and colleges..
Mother Mary Matilda under the enlightened and wise guidance of her brother Bishop Caumont and with the help of her small band of Mission Sisters, went ahead with the enterprising venture of the newly founded school.